Who Has the Right to Research? Research with, for and by People with Lived Experiences of Seeking Asylum
Melbourne Law School
185 Pelham Street
Community-led and community-engaged research encompasses varying levels of community participation in research. This workshop will be hosted by the Melbourne Social Equity Institute and will explore ethics, methods and approaches to undertaking research with people with lived experiences of seeking asylum, refugees and new migrants.
The workshop will be facilitated by Dr Cathy Vaughan and Dr Karen Block, both from the School of Population Health, University of Melbourne. Confirmed speakers include:
- Olivia Dun, School of Geography, University of Melbourne
- Jasmine Chen, Multicultural Centre for Women’s Health
- Shannon Owen, School of Film and Television, University of Melbourne
- Tina Dixson, Institute for Social Justice, ACU
- Hariz Halilovich, Social and Global Studies Research Centre, RMIT
This is a free event but bookings are essential. A light afternoon tea will be provided.
The venue for this event is wheelchair accessible. If you have any additional accessibility requirements or have any other queries related to this event, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.